Monday, July 09, 2007

Socks

Sometimes it's just necessary to do something small. And socks work! I can do a sock in a day if I don't do anything else, and they make wonderful car projects. I hadn't knitted socks in years, but this Spring I made several pairs - all heavy wool blends for winter wear, and they're machine washable. The best part is that I have several sizes of circular sock needles. These are much shorter than the regular circular needles, and I don't have to go to double points until I need to shape the toe!

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted anything of substance. Oh, well ...

We went camping a couple of weeks ago, and I planned to work on my gray Aran while there. Didn't happen, but I've done some since we got home. No picture right now as I'm knitting both sleeves at the same time, and that wouldn't make a good picture. But the body is finished except for the ribbings. I do have a deadline as this sweater must go to Alaska with me at the end of August!!!

1 comment:

Singerandactorwannabe said...

thanks grandma i really appriciate it