Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Socks …

January was sock-knitting month.  They’re good fillers for that time when it’s too cold and gray to even want to go outside.  We did do some x-c skiing, but the socks were always there.

“Black Wavy Rib” were the first completed.  These are based on a stitch pattern from Annie Maloney’s The Knitter’s Guide to Stitch Design.   I also wanted to play with a picot edge at the top of the leg.  The socks are black Wool-Ease and taught me that I don’t like to knit something like this with black yarn!!!  Really hard to see.  But I love the finished product.

019_thumb%5B5%5D-2010-03-2-16-02.jpg

P1030835_thumb%5B2%5D-2010-03-2-16-02.jpg

 

Socks I call “Upward Bound Lace” came next.  The stitch pattern is found in Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns, and I carried the pattern into the heel flap.  Again the yarn is Wool-Ease #104 Blush Heather.

 P1030834_thumb%5B2%5D-2010-03-2-16-02.jpg

021_thumb%5B2%5D-2010-03-2-16-02.jpg

 

And the end of the month brought me back to a sock I’ve wanted to knit for a long time:  “Brigid” from godessknits.  This is the same clever designer who did the Cable Medallion Socks that I’ve done before.  Brigid was knit on 48 stitches in cream color Wool-Ease.  The pattern specified size 4 needles and finer yarn, but my size 3s were just right with the yarn I used.  These socks are wonderfully comfy!

 P1030833_thumb%5B2%5D-2010-03-2-16-02.jpg

024_thumb%5B2%5D-2010-03-2-16-02.jpg

No comments: