I made a discovery today - podcasts. I knew they were out there, but I had never gone in search or even seen one mentioned that I wanted to explore. Today, however, one was mentioned on a list, and I went to see what it was. This was Cast-On and, fortunately or unfortunately as the case may be, I've found something that's fun and sure beats the boob tube when knitting, weaving or spinning. Cast-On has been around for a while, and I found that unless I wanted to listen directly from the site, I needed to download a feed controller.
I also found WeaveCast which hasn't been there very long but shows great promise. I actually sat and listened to the first episode while I teased my new alpaca fiber. The first episode has to do with the "fear of warping", and was most enjoyable. I'm long past that fear, but it was fun to remember the problems associated with beginning weaving.
These are fun, and I recommend them. There are several others as well, most of them being for knitting. But I noticed some for quilters if you happen to be of that persuasion.
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Podcasts
Posted by Ann at 6:02 PM



No comments:
Post a Comment