Last time I posted I mentioned the Cable Medallion Sock pattern that I had just purchased and started. Well, I knit the heel flap, turned the heel and was knitting the instep when I decided that I really didn't like the yarn that I was using. It's a lovely yarn, and a great color, but it wouldn't have worked well as a sock. So I've restarted the sock, and I love the Reynolds Coco that I'm using this time. I also went up a needle size (to a size 3), and it makes a big difference. The Coco is 50% wool and 50% rayon, has a wonderful luster, and seems like it will wear much better.

This is the heel flap. As you might guess these socks wouldn't work in a regular shoe because of the cabling on the heel. I plan to wear them with Birks.

This is the heel flap. As you might guess these socks wouldn't work in a regular shoe because of the cabling on the heel. I plan to wear them with Birks.
Powered by ScribeFire.



No comments:
Post a Comment