Friday, August 15, 2008

It's Friday, but there will be no flowers this week!

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."

— Scott Adams

It's been a busy week, and it seems as though I've been accomplishing fragmented things.

Photography:  Non-existent!

Weaving:  Poncho for number 3 granddaughter in the threading process.  It needs to be done in one week!  Eeeeeeeeek!

Spinning:  Maybe next week.  But I did get a beautiful bag of fiber from Lisa Souza.  Yummy colors!  The nice thing about fiber is that it doesn't spoil and will keep for years.

Knitting:  Now here I can report some progress.  I've been doing some test knitting for the Holiday Mystery Gifts group.  What can I say except that there are some real goodies this year.  If you've never heard of this group, check it out and come on aboard.

I'm also participating in Secret of the Stole iii.  Unfortunately I can't suggest you join us as the membership has closed.  But after mid-October the pattern will be for sale.  I've already posted a picture of my sample, and I'll try to keep up to date on my knitting.  The first part was posted today, but I have to get some things that are on my needles done first. 

And then there are the Olympics!  I've been watching entirely too much TV.  Last night I actually went to bed on time.  Just couldn't take it anymore!  I really like the swimming and gymnastics, but then there's beach volleyball, and cycling, and we have pole vaulting with a Rochesterian coming up.  Ah, who needs sleep?!

No comments: