Saturday, November 29, 2008

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted …

… and that’s ‘cause I somehow hurt my back right after the last post in August.  I woke up one morning with problems, and they continued to get worse.  Lower back.  Ugh!  Then in October I fell while going through the airport terminal in Detroit when changing planes.  My back became even worse.  Lots of doctor visits, tests, physical therapy, drugs, and nothing has corrected this.  This week I’m going to have some injections, and we’ll keep our fingers crossed.  But what has really been so annoying about all of this is that I haven’t felt like doing anything.  I sit in my favorite chair with a lumbar support pad and a heating pad behind me, and all I’ve done is read.  I haven’t even done much knitting.  There went all those plans for Christmas presents right out the window!!!  Maybe I’ll give “IOU”s and finish them after the first of the year?!

I did get one project finished, and it actually went into the mail yesterday.  My best friend’s youngest had twins recently.  This is a family that has been through hell, literally, and now they have these beautiful little boys.  They were born early, but they’re perfect.  They live in Florida, but even Florida babies need hats in the winter.  So here’s what I sent:

P1000047_thumb%5B5%5D-2008-11-29-16-40.jpg

They’re about big enough to fit on a large orange!

My darling husband gave me my Christmas present early – a new camera.  And I’ve been enjoying it thoroughly.  Since neither of our children live near us we were going to be alone for Thanksgiving, so we decided to go away overnight.  Just a quick trip, but it got me out of the house for something fun.  On the way home we came through Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge.  As we entered the first thing we saw were a pair of Bald Eagles sitting on the ice of the pond behind the Visitor’s Center.  Fantastic!

P1000111_thumb%5B15%5D-2008-11-29-16-40.jpg

We have no idea why they were there.  My husband jokingly said that maybe they were statues when we first saw them, but statues don’t move their heads.  Whatever, they were beautiful.  As we drove through the refuge all of a sudden it was as if a switch were thrown, and all the geese took flight.  Thousands of birds!

P1000127_thumb%5B5%5D-2008-11-29-16-40.jpg

 

I’m hoping that the procedure I’m having done this week will make my back feel better.  I’ve said that I haven’t knitted much, but I haven’t done any spinning or weaving either.  2009 has to be better!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I hope you are feeling better. And the caps are sweet.