I just bought a book that really excites me. It’s titled The Art of Knitting by Francoise Tellier Loumagne. The book is directed toward the machine knitter, but there’s good stuff in there for ANY knitter. It’s quite expensive, but worth every penny.She uses luscious photographs and then shows images of fabrics that used the photo as inspiration. This is something that I really like to do, usually with weaving. For many years I’ve been collecting shells and using the stripe patterns that can be found on them to create both color and textural inspiration. This new book follows along the same path.Mother Nature is really the supreme colorist, and you don’t have to be a photographer to collect ideas. You can tear pictures from magazines, newspapers, junk mailers – anything in which you find something you like. It’s not necessary to use the ideas immediately – just make a note of why you pulled it! Start a notebook. I won’t begin to tell you how many I have at this time.



No comments:
Post a Comment