Thursday, March 16, 2006

Another new book!


Last week I visited my local B&N. They had a whole table full of knitting books, all of them 30% off, and it included this one. Of course one must stand there and leaf through to see what goodies lie within. Well, not one, but many. However, one alone made me buy the book.

I scanned and converted this to b&w in order to show the detail a little more closely. Basically the sweater is ribbed except for an insert with the button band. This has wonderful cable patterns in it. Now, one might wonder why I'd be so drawn to this. Let me introduce you to a spinning project that's been sitting and waiting to be made into something.

This yarn is actually a pale gray, and it's very fine. It's alpaca and was spun from a raw fleece that I bought two years ago. I would guess that I'll end up knitting the sweater on size 2 needles, and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pattern, and you are right -- that'd be great yarn for it. I am going to have to go take a look at that book.

Anonymous said...

That's a terrific sweater. Does the writeup for the pattern indicate in which issue of VK it appeared?

Marsha