Friday, April 14, 2006

Vacation is over!

Our vacation was wonderful. We visited Phoenix, Flagstaff, the Grand Canyon, Chinle (all in Arizona), Taos, Albuquerque, Cloudcroft (all in New Mexico), and back into Arizona to Willcox and on to Phoenix to fly home again! It was a busy two weeks!!!

Yes, I visited fiber stores, and yes, I purchased fiber! At LaLana Wools in Taos I found the most beautiful cria alpaca. This is the first clip from a young alpaca and is wonderfully fine and soft. Mine is a very pale beige, and I bought 4 oz. After it's spun, it will do a scarf easily. I also fell victum to a skein of hand-dyed cashmere. Again, it's enough for a scarf. But it's SO beautiful. The next day we visited a weaving coop in Mora, NM. There were many looms set up, and people can weave to learn. They sell their weaving, and, although I'm not sure how it works there, I guess that the profit is probably split. We bought some mug rugs and two sets of woven mats. Neat! While there I also looked at some yarns and fell victim to a 4+ oz skein of rusty brown alpaca. Oh fiber lust!!! At that point I stopped asking my husband to stop and let me look!!!!!!

It's now time to get back to reality. I'm full of ideas and inspiration. I have many, many pictures of petroglyphs and lots of ideas contained within the 1095 pictures I took during the two weeks. Thank goodness for digital cameras and laptop computers! Next week I'll put up some pictures that I want to work with. And some others that I just like.

Oh, and it snowed at the Grand Canyon. Can life get better?

3 comments:

Terri said...

Looking forward to seeing some of those 1095 pictures. Glad you had such a wonderful vacation.

Anonymous said...

When you were in Willcox, did you visit the Rex Allen Museum on Railroad Ave.? And one short block up, by the stoplight, is World Wide Hobbies with Kevin who tries so very hard to please, and is a real sweetie!

jeannie said...

Oh, my gosh! You went to Cloudcroft, too? My folks had a cabin there form '58 to 2001 or 2. I miss going there in the summer. I like it so much better then Ruidoso. That's what Taos was like compared to Santa Fe in the '60's. That little town feeling -neat but rolled up at 7 o'clock. Hee, Hee.
Jeannie
jeannieshandsatwork.blogspot.com