Monday, October 29, 2007

It's been a busy couple of days with the needles!

I actually spent a good part of the weekend knitting. That's a very rare thing for me!

On Saturday I downloaded the next (and last) lesson of the Reversible Cables class. This is much more challenging, but, once learned, is not hard. This scarf will have different cables on each side, unlike the first class scarf which was the same on both sides. Here's a picture of where I am on the first scarf:



And here's the second. The first image is side one, the second side two, and the third, though a small sample, of both sides:







I've got so many ideas. Now I just need more hours!

Today I decided to put the scarves aside and work on Ocracoke. I now have the back to the armhole and am ready to pick up the front from the saddles.



This measures 8.5 inches from the center of the saddle, and it's one repeat plus two rows. So the entire back will be 2.5 repeats, or very close to that. This shows detail that my last picture didn't, like the intricacy of the center diamond panel and the traveling stitches that work around the circular motif. I'm really loving this sweater!!!


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: