Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Reversible Cables Class from the Needlecraft University

I've never done one of these courses before, but this one intrigued me as it was entirely new to me. I paid my money and waited patiently.

This past weekend the first of two lessons was put up. Like the FLAK you're fed a little at a time. This is being taught by JC Briar, and she has apparently taught other courses there before.

When I began to read the information provided in Lesson 1 I had an "ah ha!" moment. This is not rocket science, but it is fun. Here's what I did yesterday.



It truly is reversible! And I'm already thinking of other options. This will be a scarf that's approximately 3.5 inches wide and 42 inches long. I'm using "Wool of the Andes" from Knit Picks and size 7 needles. The recommended needle size was 9, but I knit too loose for that. This seems to be right.

Lesson 2 will be another scarf, slightly larger, and patterned all over. Stay tuned!

Needlecraft University


Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Where fibers meet mud said...

Ah-Ha! I love your commentary about learning. I also love the conversations that take place in some of these comment sections.

That reversible cable is great. Currently I am addicted to one skein two hour hats.

The Okracoke pattern is unique and I love the color... very fun indeed - looking forward to seeing that one modeled in Okracoke!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann

I am glad you are enjoying your class at Needlecraft University. I posted the first message about the class by JC Briar. She is an amazing teacher and all her classes are wonderful. The second lesson has amazing results and I hope you learn a lot form that too.

Thank you for writing about your experience on your blog and Aran list. Our best advertisement is satisfied customers like you.

I hope you would sign up for other wonderful classes we offer at Needlecraft University.

Happy Stitching
Nazanin S. Fard, Dean
Needlecraft University
www.NeedlecraftUniversity.com