Thanksgiving is in two days, and this year we're staying home - alone! Both DH and I are tired, so we're going to do as little as possible. We'll cook a bird and have all the trimmings, but there will be no traveling, no high gas costs, just us, at home, cozy and warm.
Since the TV will be non-stop football, and I'm not a fan but I keep my DH company, I've been working on Ocracoke to get it to the point of doing the body in the round. Right now it has sleeve stubs.

They stick out to the right and left. The live stitches have been put onto yarn and will be picked up at a later time. I really don't like to do sleeves, so I leave them until last!
My next step will be to pick up a predetermined number of filler stitches from each of four sleeve edges. These will add the necessary width to the body. Then I'll begin to work down the body length. When there's more to show I'll post another picture.
For those of you celebrating this week, Happy Thanksgiving!
Since the TV will be non-stop football, and I'm not a fan but I keep my DH company, I've been working on Ocracoke to get it to the point of doing the body in the round. Right now it has sleeve stubs.

They stick out to the right and left. The live stitches have been put onto yarn and will be picked up at a later time. I really don't like to do sleeves, so I leave them until last!
My next step will be to pick up a predetermined number of filler stitches from each of four sleeve edges. These will add the necessary width to the body. Then I'll begin to work down the body length. When there's more to show I'll post another picture.
For those of you celebrating this week, Happy Thanksgiving!
Powered by ScribeFire.



No comments:
Post a Comment