Monday, January 16, 2006

Intro

The first thing I must do is introduce myself. My name is Ann Kreckel, and I'm a grandmother of five. I've been spinning, weaving, knitting and doing other fiber things for more years than I care to remember! Some of them didn't "take" the first time through, like knitting. What kid wants to sit with a great-aunt when they could be out playing?! Others were so intuitive that I knew that I had done them before - maybe in a former life?

I taught spinning for 16 years, and I loved it! But I had always said that when it wasn't fun anymore I'd do something else. That day came, and I did! My passions now vary with my mood. If we're traveling, then it's totally photography. If it's a snowy day, you'll find me knitting or spinning. And if I'm feeling technical I'll probably be at my loom.

I hope you enjoy my site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann. I got started on the sampler cables last night - at least decided on some small changes and cast on so maybe I can continue tonight. I do like the idea of doing some designing even if it is with a lot of help. Thanks for sending all the information.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Spectacular, Ann! Stunning.