Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I have another FO - "Hilton of Cadbol" Flower Pillow

When I began this project it wasn't only to make something pretty. I wanted to try cabling something round, and I also wanted to work with cotton. I've never done a cabled piece with cotton, and this is a beautiful, heavy mercerized yarn.

P1050027copy-2008-02-27-13-56.jpg

I wasn't disappointed.

P1050247copy-2008-02-27-13-56.jpg

This is a Janet Szabo pattern, and, as written, it should have a matching piece knit for the back of the pillow. I'm going to use fabric instead.

Will I knit an Aran with this cotton? You bet! It was very pleasant to work with, and the only problem I had was near the center when all of the stitches were tight together. If I were to make an Aran, however, I would go down a needle size. This was worked on size 5, but I would use a size 4 for a sweater.

No comments: