Why is it that the best idea is often the worst!!! The neck ribbing on this sweater has already given me more grief than I would have ever expected. But it's conquered, and here's how I did it.
All the neck stitches were left live, and I thought that I'd just be able to knit upward. Wrong. It didn't look right. So, I decided which cables I wanted to travel into the neck ribbing. I isolated these by putting them each on a safety pin for a stitch holder (small, out of the way). The live stitches were bound off in pattern with any two stitches crosses being decreased to one. The cables isolated on pins were skipped with a space being left.
I knew that I needed in the range of 100 stitches for my neck. After binding off I counted the stitches on the pins and figured how many more were needed and how they could be spaced. I picked up stitches by putting a crochet hook through the two loops of the bound off stitches. Once all the stitches were picked up I did a round in the sequence I had previously noted, including the stitches for the continuing cables. It worked!
Powered by ScribeFire.



No comments:
Post a Comment