When I picked up the stitches for the front of Ocracoke I miscalculated and left the two top ovals with different length legs because of the decrease in stitches toward the center to make the front of the sweater lower than the back. By the time I realized that this was a problem I wasn't going to frog it and start over.
My former weaving mother always said that you just had to make lemonade when there was a glaring error, so the creative juices kicked in and here's what I did. The first picture shows the uneven legs:
The next picture shows the other side corrected:
How'd I do that???? I picked up three stitches on the short leg and knit a separate length to the point where it will join the other leg. I then stitched that piece of knitting over what was there. By the time this is washed and blocked no one will ever know!
Powered by ScribeFire.



2 comments:
Wow Ann, you're almost there. I'm looking forward to seeing Ocracoke completely finished!
what a great solution! thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment