This is going to be fun! Here's my swatch.
Lace. I've never done very much, but I do know how to read charts. This wasn't hard! What was of the greatest interest was the manner in which beads were inserted. WOW!
Just to clarify, the yarn is Knit Picks' Gloss Lace. Beads are Size 6 Silver Lined Crystal from fusionbeads.com. I used a size 3 circular needle, and the swatch blocked to exactly 6" high and 7.5" wide. Unfortunately the camera didn't capture the full sparkle of the beads. I took it in the sun, but ...
I've never used blocking wires before, so this was a present to myself. This yarn didn't lend itself to the insertion of the wires, but I'll figure that out when I need to do it again. My DH thinks the ends need to be smoothed a little, so I'll let him do that.
All in all I think it's beautiful, and I'm anxious for August 15 to arrive!



No comments:
Post a Comment