Monday, February 25, 2008

Ocracoke is finished!!!

And I still have slightly more than two weeks before we leave for the Outer Banks!

The first picture is the front of the sweater. I've folded one of the sleeves so that the pattern that continues from the saddles is visible.

P1050213copy-1-2008-02-25-16-38.jpg

The second picture is the back. I had fun continuing the cables into the neck ribbing.

P1050212copy1-2008-02-25-16-38.jpg

Am I pleased with the sweater? You bet! There are always things that you might do differently, but overall this is a keeper. Now I have to knit socks to go with it!

8 comments:

AnneB said...

Absolutely stunning! Congratulations on a truly beautiful sweater.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think this is the most beautiful sweater I've ever seen. Congratulations on such a gorgeous FO!!!!

Unknown said...

Holy Macaroni, that's a nice sweater!

Nik said...

You've done a great job.

Maggie said...

Love your sweater, Yes, a keeper--is it my size??

p90xer said...

Wow, Mom! That's beautiful. You'd best lock it up while at Ocracoke! :)

Anonymous said...

Your sweater is absolutely great. And all that time you put in on the cabled ribbing (bottom, sleeves, and especially the neck) is what separates it from being "just a super sweater."

Take a bow, and how about a picture of it on you, on location?

Patty said...

A stunning piece of work! Definitely the work of a thinking knitter.