I've been knitting, but I don't seem to be making great progress on the big projects. I guess it's because it's hot, and wool yarns are warm. Anyway, my progress on "Hearts and Flowers" has stalled for the moment at the sleeve buds. They're about half way to where I'll put them on yarn and go back to the body of the sweater. I'm knitting both of them at the same time with two balls of yarn.
My next project is a variation on an "Odd Ball" stole. Instead of using ends of yarn, I decided to use yarns that were spun as a group project in color blending. The yarn progresses from yellow through cyan to magenta and then back to yellow.
I left the yarn joins hanging, and I'm putting tiny glass beads on them to make an accent.
One of the things that makes the yarns unique is the fact that they're of different sizes. There were approximately twelve people (if my memory is correct) who spun around forty different yarns. So, some are very fine, some medium, and some very chunky. I think this next picture shows a bit of that.
The last thing on the needles right now is Chiara Z's "The Naughty Little Cable" scarf from Yarn Magazine. When I saw the picture of this I knew I had to do it!!!
Those cables come free, twist, change - what fun! So I've gotten through the base cable and have done the first variation.
Stay posted!



2 comments:
Yay! You finished it! It looks good!
Wow, three very different projects. They all are very interesting. I love the scarf with the "wandering" colors. The cabled scarf will be fun to see in progress.
Post a Comment